Silence alarm logic and a C-More touchscreen?

dginbuffalo

Hello- I am trying to figure the best way to stop an alarm beacon when acknowledged and only turn it on again when a new alarm comes in. First off-is there system bits in a C-more touchscreen that would help? if not, i was thinking of having the alarm bits in a 16 bit word and when you acknowledged the alarm i would snapshot the word. if it changed, i would fire the alarm beacon again. If it went to zero, all would be disabled. Any ideas or past practices? Thanks!

Using a 16-bit word and comparing to the previous value is a commom method. It depends upon how many and what type of alarms. If you have a case where two or more alarms rarely occur at the same time, then the old method was a simple parallel stack of alarm bits, any one of which could start an alarm timer. If the timer reached its Preset, then a horn or light was turned on until locked out by a Silence or Acknowledge button and relay. When the alarms all were handled or went away, the alarm timer Done bits dropped out, causing the the Alarms to drop out and also reset the Acknowledge relay. Then you were ready for the next alarm occurance. Here is an example where the horn had to be very loud (operator could be outside the building running a forklift) so the 110 dB horn alternated 1 second on and 4 seconds off.

Alarm Silence Method.jpg

Last edited: