Crimson 3 Beeper Silence for non-Shown Buttons

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This might be a really simple Red Lion Crimson 3 question, but I'm scratching my head on it.

I have a set of pushbuttons that are visible (using the Show attribute) only when a specific bit in the PLC is True. They properly disappear on the screen when the Show bit is false, and when I touch the screen on the G306 the corresponding bit address for the button doesn't change.

But the beeper still beeps when the operator touches that area of the screen.

It's important because the hidden buttons are next to non-hidden ones, and I and my operators have huge, blunt, ogre-like fingers. If we hear the beep when we accidentally press the hidden button, we think we've pressed the non-hidden button and wonder why the machine didn't respond.

This leads to some multiple-button-thumping and distrust of the HMI, which I'd like to avoid.

Can the Red Lion G306 beeper be silenced for specific button objects when they are hidden by the "Show" property ?

I haven't tried to verify this, but could you use "Enable" property (Action tab)?
Use the same tag from the "Show" property to also control the Enable property.

I don't know about any button specific beep on/off, but it sounds like a bug (beep when button invisible).
It's worth a try to see if the same happens when the Enable property is false.

That was one of my first thoughts as well, but the Enable property doesn't seem to have an effect on the beeper.

I didn't try putting a False value tag into Enable while Visible was still True... I'll try that and see what it does.

I figured I'd run it by the Crimson-using community first, but I'll write up an inquiry to Red Lion tonight and share their answer.

Ken Roach said:
This leads to some multiple-button-thumping and distrust of the HMI, which I'd like to avoid.

It almost sounds like you've dealt with operators before :ROFLMAO: