Q: About Carlo Gavazzi Dupline

amkleist

Hi,

I'm working on a PLC project including Duplines from Carlo Gavazzi, the specifik model-number are: Type G 3496 0003

I'm working on two different kind og Mitsubishi PLCs.

I do have some difficults understanden the result of the Dip-Switch Setting. There are 6 switches on the Dupline Master Module, but only 4 switches are describes in the datasheet?

Then I don't really understand the consequences of the settings. Can any please help me out here?

Dip-Switch Setting
Sw.2
On: If Communication fails, all Dupline®
channels activated by the PLC, is activated.
Off: If Communication fails, all Dupline®
channels activated by the PLC, remains activated.

Sw.3
On: Programming-port Protocol (Power up the
Module)
Off: Dedicated Protocol 1 (Power up the
Module)

Sw.4
On: Split I/O Channel Generator Mode (See “Mode of Operation”)
Off: Normal Dupline® Monostable Channel
Generator Mode

Sw.5
On: 64 Dupline® channels
Off: 128 Dupline® channels

If I have 5 Dupline Slaves connected to the Dupline Master, how does each slave know what adress it has (adress A-E)? What would happen if an error occur on Slave number 3?

Best regards