Help: Siemens Sinamics CU305 PN boot fails

seaman

Hello all!

I'm requesting for help with a brand new Siemens Sinamics CU305 PN control unit with PROFINET interface. At power-up, the status LEDs randomly blink a while with red and yellow colours. After a minute or so, both the RDY and COM LEDs start blinking red at a constant rate. Nothing else happens.

I'm unable to connect to the control unit with a null modem cable through the RS232 interface.

Any suggestions, please?

Do you have a BOP panel ?
Maybe you can get a fault code if you have the BOP.
edit: According to the list LD posted, you have a firmware CRC error.
Not sure if you can load a new firmware somehow.

Last edited:
BOP20 blank

Thank you for your prompt answers!

Regarding the user panel, BOP20 does not seem to power up even though it's connected to the control unit.

Is it normal behaviour, or should the BOP20 panel be usable even while there's some problem with the firmware of the control unit?

One more thing regarding firmware update: I was unable to locate any downloadable firmwares from the Siemens site. How can I update the firmware?

I dont know G110, or CU305, but on a G120 the BOP powers up and displays information. So it could indicate that your CU305 is defective.
Dont know about how/where to download firmwar for CU305. Have it replaced.

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately I was unable to connect by Ethernet. The STARTER software does not find any "drive units".

So far RS232 serial interface, BOP20 operator panel, AND now the Ethernet have proven to be dead. Grr....