Binding on the fly - Crimson 3.0

ais

I am wondering if there is a way to bind a widget on the fly.

A theoretical approach would be to set the folder binding value in a tag. When calling up the page with the widget, the button used could write the desired folder to the binding tag. The page would then display bound to that folder.

A separate button is used for each page to display with a different folder to bind.

Anybody done something like this?

@JeffKiper
Am I missing something?
I see a widget with standard binding.
I don't see any binding on the fly.

@JeffKiper
Am I missing something?
I see a widget with standard binding.
I don't see any binding on the fly.

There is no "Binding on the Fly" in Crimson 3.0 at this time.

Let me give you my opinion (based on between 100 and 200 Crimson 3.0 configurations and probably over 1000 widgets used).

The ability to use Folders to hold display files, the ease at which we can copy/paste/edit pages (and widgets) makes Runtime Binding much less necessary than having that functionality in say, a PC based scada or HMI.

Honestly, Runtime binding sounds good (and I requested it during the Beta Testing stage of Crimon 3.0) but in the real world, I have not found this to be much of a limitation at all. Would I use it if we had it? Yes, definately. But honestly, not in every place that it *could* be used.

Again, this is my opinion and you can take it or leave it as you wish.

I was just wondering if it is possible...
Now I know, so I can stop wasting time trying to get it to work :)

I agree copying etc is very easy.
Would just be great though to have a single dynamic page for several different drives etc.

Which reminds me - I did read a thread on here where someone "used the same page" to display different sets of data. I searched but for the moment cannot find it.

Anyone remember/know that thread?

@ianingram
Thanks for the link - that is the thread I was looking for.
Jeff's posted link brought up a single post and not the whole thread.
Have now read the whole thread and will experiment with arrays.
I am basically trying to do the same thing as u were.