Rockwell Activation Binding to MAC

phuz

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with binding their activation to a MAC address? I followed the protocol I always have for manually typing in the MAC into the binding field, but I keep getting an error about invalid binding.

I installed the newest version of Studio 5000 and at the end, chose to activate using the new method they have, but I am 99% sure that bound to my HD serial number instead. To make it worse, the activation doesn't even show up in my activation manager for me to RETURN.

Without getting into specifics, I need this to be bound to my MAC and this is now problematic.

Further, it looks like everything is done in CodeMeter now and there is no longer a file created. I also accidentally borrowed a license twice and I see no way to return one of them. Nothing shows up in Activation Manager anymore as being available to return.

And now, what is the best way to have my VM (with my legacy software) acquire a license for software that I cannot run in Windows 10? They've complicated this a bit. Simply pointing the VM at my laptop (which is the machine that will always have the full toolkit of licenses) does not work.