From .acd file RsLogix5K Version?

Arun

I have XX.acd file from my server and I need to go on field. I have RS5K V17.00 (CPR9 SR1) but I do not know in which version these codes are written. Definitely should be lower version as code written in 2009. When I open in V17.00 it does not give me any message.
Is there any way to get this inforamtion. My intension is I do not want to upgrade the firware and mess up with the machine for just 1 hour of debug and done.

thanks

Just opening will not change the revision level of the project. If there are no warning messages then it is one of the levels you have installed. If you only have 17 and it opens ok then it is 17. To be sure, once open, right click on controller and view the properties.

I don't completely understand what your asking but I will give it a couple guesses.

If you double-click on your processor in the I/O tree the revision type will be listed, this will tell you what version the program was made in. You could also go to Help -- About.

If you have a .L5K version of the file and open it in notepad, you will see the version listed under the processer properties as "Major"

Just opening will not change the revision level of the project. If there are no warning messages then it is one of the levels you have installed. If you only have 17 and it opens ok then it is 17. To be sure, once open, right click on controller and view the properties.

I have V13,15,16,17 installed, so it must be developed in one of those versions. I am good to go online and debug. I do not want to make any changes in program.

In controller properties I can see firware version of CPU.

open the ACD file with NOTEPAD or WORDPAD ...

IMPORTANT: do NOT make any changes - and do NOT save the file when you close it ...

but ...

there should be a plain-text header at the top of the file that will answer your "what version" questions ... pay particular attention to the LAST entry in the header - since sometimes the version has been changed since it was first created ...

open the ACD file with NOTEPAD or WORDPAD ...

IMPORTANT: do NOT make any changes - and do NOT save the file when you close it ...

but ...

there should be a plain-text header at the top of the file that will answer your "what version" questions ... pay particular attention to the LAST entry in the header - since sometimes the version has been changed since it was first created ...

Ron,

Hats off.

It is stated developing in V15.01 and last modified in V17.0

It works.

Thanks all of you.