FactoryTalk View ME 6.1 buttons resizing!

Hoozie

Running 6.1 on Win 7 x64 For some reason, every time I make a button and click on the STATES tab, the button resizes itself to an inordinately huge dimension. Anybody else see this happen or know what causes it? It even does the same thing occasionally on my VM system.

I experienced some random resizing problems in version 6.0, but haven't seen them since installing 6.10.

Make sure you're not zoomed in when you do your editing; get to 1:1 and stay there when you're editing states.

I got in the habit of scribbling down the size and position values for my objects on a scratchpad so I could put them back when they jumped out of position.

Thanks Ken. I was zoomed in. I zoom out and it is normal. I am making a PVP 600 application and it is hard for me to see everything at 1:1 but I guess if it looks bad in the development, it will look bad when deployed.

I have the same problem when I use the zoom feature in 6.10 working on a PV600+ application. One time, the button turned gigantic and moved all the way to the left to the point where I could only see its rightmost "handles" but could not grab them. I could not select the object or move it. I had to select all (CTRL+A) and then move everything on the screen to the right, fix the ginormous button, then move everything else back into place.

To avoid the problem, I just quit zooming in. Now I just deal with staring at the tiny little indicators while I am editing.

Me Too, PV600 editing on a high res screen sucks. 6.10

Haven't tried it yet, but was thinking about building screens at twice the size, then scaling them to fit the pv600

Last edited:
Thanks, I will try it out. My system is allegedly patched through Oct. 10, but I wasn't easily able to determine whether that one was already installed, so I downloaded it and installed it separately...rebooting the virtual PC now...

EDIT: So far so good, my problem indicator seems fine now when I zoom in and edit it.

Last edited: