[S5] "Comment length set too short"

Karolewsky

Hi all,
I have a question regarding Step5 assignment list. I have old dikettes and I recovered files from them. There were S5 projects. I opened it in Step5 and while i want to check the assignment list such an alert appears: "Comment length set too short". Because I have only a SEQ file, and no INI file I tried to convert SEQ into INI in management options, but during the conversion the same alert appears. Do You know perhaps why it is like that? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Best regards
Karol

You can set the comment length on the settings page (F4) in S5; 24 characters springs to mind. One problem with some third party S5 tools is that they allowed you to write longer comments than S5 would handle making software written using that tool un-readable to S5; this may be your problem.

Nick