Mitsubishi/Beijers SC06N Inteface

tiny

Hi

I have a MAC10 terminal which I need to program for non-commercail use. I understand that the SC06CN interface (the one with the 5v power supply) is required but it's either horrendously expensive or no longer available.

Is it possible for me to make one? I believe the inteface is RS422? Can I use an SC09 lead and then make an "in-out" box to add the 5v supply?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Tony

Thanks for the information.

I was able to find the Beijers drawing for the SC-06N - drawing number S3-0079. My idea was that I could use the SC09 cable which I have as the RS232 to RS422 converter, and then from the 25 pin D of the SC09, I could use a 25 pin D patch box to make the connections to pins 1 and 2 for RDX and 7 and 4 for for TXD of the 8 pin mini Din connector to the MAC10.

I have added the 5v supply to the patch box which connects to pins 5 and 3 of the mini din connector. I am able to get the MAC10 to power up now, but the PC will not talk to the MAC 10 using MAC Programmer + software, set to 9600,8,1,none.

I think I have the wiring correct but I'm not sure.

Basically, I made the connections as follows

RXD+ Pin 2 on 25 way output of SC09 to pin 2 of Mini Din
RXD- Pin 15 on 25 way output of SC09 to pin 1 of Mini Din

TXD+ Pin 3 on 25 way output of SC09 to pin 7 of Mini Din
TXD- Pin 16 on 25 way output of SC09 to pin 4 of Mini Din

Vcc +5v dc to Pin 5 on Mini din
0v dc to Pin 3 on Mini din

Anyone have any ideas where I went wrong - or is anything missing?

Do I need to make any connections from Vcc to RXD/TXD as well?

Thanks

Tony

Tony -
I was never successful getting the software to work. Sorry I can not assist.....

I used the MTA-100 model for years & always used the keypad to program the screens. It would take a few minutes to get the hang of the keystrokes, but I was able to do it pretty quickly.