S7-1200 Not compatible

Tryggvi3000

Hello!
I have 2 S7-1200 plc's. They are identical 1211C AC/DC/RLY
One of them I have programmed and it works fine but there other is giving me some problems.
I did a factory reset and wiped the IP address. Gave it a new ip on the same subnet as the other plc and my PC.
When I try to go online via TIA Portal v11. it keeps saying the device is not compatible. I can flash the LED's and it is clearly showing as accessible with the correct MAC.
This made me think I had selected the wrong CPU in the project but that was not the case but I made a new project with an unspecified cpu and detected the hardware but that was the same story.
I feel like I have tried everything and I am started to think the PLC is malfunctioning.

so the setup is
PLC_1 (Working) ip xxx.xxx.xxx.10
PLC_2(Not working) ip xxx.xxx.xxx.5
PC with Portal ip xxx.xxx.xxx.9

TIA Portal V11 With SP2 update 5
PLC firmware v2.2.0

TIA Portal V11 With SP2 update 5
PLC firmware v2.2.0

Is SP2/5 the newest? I had the same issue last week and the CPU came with the newest update and had to have that CPU listed, the update was on a mini CD ... you should be able to find it on the Siemens website

Turns out the update 5 was not properly installed but when I sorted that my problems only got worse. Now both PLC's are listed as not compatible.

I was using a 1214c

Product version: 01
Firmware version: 03.00.01 Software version

They just released last month (along with a price increase) some new CPU's 6AG1211-1BE31-4XB0 http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/64806342

And they dont have the firmware listed... but I agree with Jeff23spl, I would check there, also you should of received the mini CD with the update

Did you ever fix this issue? Im having the same problem with a new 1215C and tia portal v13 sp8.

With a new project and unspecified 1200 series I cannot detect the hardware either. Leds blink fine and managed to change ip and cpu and hmi name.

win7 professional 32bit sp1 virtual machine using virtualbox. Host is windows 10.

I also have simatic manager installed v5.5 (was on it first) and PLCsim.

Doubt it would matter but I also already have a KTP700 HMI, a few DI, DO, AI, AO and some V90s and motors already connected to the PLC. I also managed to change the IP and name of the HMI.

subnet is all 255.255.255.0
PC: 192.168.0.100
PLC: 192.168.0.1
HMI: 192.168.0.2

win7 professional 32bit sp1 virtual machine using virtualbox. Host is windows 10.

I also have simatic manager installed v5.5 (was on it first) and PLCsim.

Doubt it would matter but I also already have a KTP700 HMI, a few DI, DO, AI, AO and some V90s and motors already connected to the PLC. I also managed to change the IP and name of the HMI.

subnet is all 255.255.255.0
PC: 192.168.0.100
PLC: 192.168.0.1
HMI: 192.168.0.2

I think the unspecified 1200 still needs to be the same FW version for it to connect. I've run into a lot of trouble with that, where I used the default settings, and then I had a ton of trouble until I tried a different firmware to try detecting on.

Not sure if it was bad luck with the jump from V3 to V4, or if it is a problem between any FW version.

I think the unspecified 1200 still needs to be the same FW version for it to connect. I've run into a lot of trouble with that, where I used the default settings, and then I had a ton of trouble until I tried a different firmware to try detecting on.

Not sure if it was bad luck with the jump from V3 to V4, or if it is a problem between any FW version.

You are correct but Diameter157 should still be able to see the device, it would just error our in a fw mismatch

Diameter157, the only time I had this issue (a couple now) was with updates, either SP updates on TIA and the latest was with W7 update to W10, worked great with W10 (TIA Pro V13) until I updated the SP then would not see any devices on the network, I had to go back to W7 then everything work great... not sure on a VM I have my Rockwell on a VM but Siemens on the native machine