RSLogix Add-On Profile Fun

KerryP

Purchased a new 1756-RIO. According to the stickers on the box and on the module, it is series B, version 3.1. According to the Release Notes, I need version 2.1.1 or later of the AOP or Module Profile. Version 1.05.2.0 is installed and working on my PC, however, I cannot use this with the new module. Downloaded version 2.03.003 of the AOP. It will not install. The installation fails with the "Failed to initialize installed components. Contact Rockwell Software technical support." message. It is unzipped and sitting in my C:\ directory. I tried different compatibility modes and running as administrator. This thing just will not install. I've been looking at TechConnect and am especially fond of the old Rockwell answers where you uninstall everything 5000 and start over. Trying to avoid that route.

The first two questions that RA Technical Support would likely ask are "what operating system and service pack are you running ?", and "what revisions of RSLogix 5000 do you have installed? ".

The publicly available Knowledgebase document that shows up with your error message keyword suggests that this error message appears if you don't Unzip the file before attempting to execute it. The TechConnect document that I see next has some additional information about Registry GUIDs.

Search for a file called "Rockwell Automation Software Setup.log"; it might have some more details that would be useful to RA Technical Support.