FIPIO and Schneider Automation

Jim Dungar

I received this private message from sevensages:
"plzz advise to construct a fip io architechture with momentum i-o & premium plc"

Fipio fieldbus is a means of communicating between different components. Up to 128 devices, from different manufacturers, can be connected. It is based on World FIP producer/consumer standards. Total remote I/O length can be up to 15km. The standard cabling is 150ohm twisted pair with fibre optic as an option. Devices are connected to the bus by daisy-chaining or via a trunk line with tap connections.

The Premium PLC TSXP57?54M, with an integral Fipio port, will act as the fieldbus manager. A TSXFPACC12 cable is used to connect the PLC to a TSXFPACC14 connection box. The PLC program treats the remote I/O the same as "in rack" I/O. I/O scanning is periodic and deterministic.

The Momentum I/O blocks require the 170FNT11001 communication module. A TSXFPACC2 cable is used to connect the I/O to a TSXFPACC4 connection box.