Allen Bradley Panelview Plus 700

WFTexanKW

I get the following error when trying to load the program in my Panelview:

Unable to open the runtime project. Check for sufficient space and necessary permissions at \Temp\.

How do I fix this?

welcome to the site
is this the first time this screen has been used?
there may be older MER files stored on the screen.

welcome to the site
is this the first time this screen has been used?
there may be older MER files stored on the screen.
No, the screen has been in use. Somehow after a power blip no program is showing up in the current application. I'm trying to load the mer program from internal storage. Internal storage has only one mer file showing to load.

more than likely the MER file was not setup to run automatically
you need to set the file as a run file = sorry no where near a screen or software at the moment . so by memory.
1. load the application
2. run application
3. becarefull with using the application comms setting - this may not be the right one - I expect it is - but??

Below is what I am trying to do:
The current application is empty.
Press F1 to load application
Source Internal storage (the correct file shows to be in internal storage)
Press F2 to load highlighted file (only one available)
Message "do you want to replace the terminals current communication configuration with the applications communication configuration"
Choice F7 (YES) or F8 (NO). I selected F7 (YES)
After a couple of minutes I get the error message:
"Unable to open the runtime project. Check for sufficient space and necessary permissions at \Temp\.

I am just guessing, but could it be that there are log files or something filling up space at \Temp\ ?

Maybe you need to move/delete some log files first?

Kataeb said:
Kindly, how did you solve this problem?
Thank you

Hi, did you get the exact same message...

"Unable to open the runtime project. Check for sufficient space and necessary permissions at \temp\."

...when trying to run the application?

This following technote article (if you can access it?) explains that it's likely the MER file is corrupted and advises to open the file in FactoryTalk View Studio and rebuild/recreate the application. Then load it back to the PanelView Plus terminal and try again...

ID: QA5875 | Access Levels: TechConnect
The error message Unable to open the runtime project

Regards,
George

Yes, i am getting these messages (they appear one by one, each time we press ok)

 Checking FactoryTalk View ME Station integrity. Please wait...
 Starting FactoryTalk View ME Station. Please wait...
 Unable to open the runtime project. Check for sufficient space and necessary permissions at \Temp\.
 The directory \Temp\ does not exist and could not be created. Please ensure this directory exists before trying to run a project.
 Loading application. Please wait...

Thank you

OK. Are you in a position to do what I have suggested?

Do you have FactoryTalk View ME software (View Studio) and know how to transfer these files?

Perhaps you (someone) already has this application on a programming computer and could more simply recreate it and download it to the terminal without needing to take a copy of the MER that is on the terminal? You can have more than one MER application file stored on the terminal at once, in case you are not aware. This can be useful for switching between different versions of your application, especially when testing something like this.

If you need any assistance on anything let us know and we can try help you.

G.

We cannot download the files to the hmi, because it is located in a very far factory. I suggested to the customer to copy another application with a usb stick, load and run it. But, same as before. So, we tried Reset (F7), and to delete log files...
Now we have new errors.

Application MERuntime.exe has performed an ilegal operation and will be shut down.
Program: MERuntime.exe
Exception: 0xc0000005
Addess: 018534c8

What do you suggest?

I would suggest a reflash of the firmware to the PanelView Plus terminal.

Make sure of course that "someone" has a backup copy of the application you wish to try run later.

We tried to reset the hmi, we tried to upgrade the firmware, ..., but it never completed the task.
Now the hmi address has become 127.0.0.1 , strange, and the RsLinx is not seeing it, we are only pinging.

When we try to do a reset, we get a blue screen.

And, when we try to do a firmware upgrade, using a usb memory stick, we get the following message.
"The firmware update could not be completed.
Cause: This is a pre-release version of the terminal that does not have the storage capacity to support this upgrade."