Aux feedback problem in Kinetix 6000 drive

zitam

Hi,

I've new problem during the same project.

Aux Feedback is used on the machine we are upgrading. TTL encoder is used. It's connected ok, scaling is also done in proper way. Everything works great, till the moment I downloaded the project with proper ( working ) setings on tabs :

- Aux Feedback ( type of feedback, counts/rev )
- Conversion
- Drive/Motor ( Drive Resolution ); Drive Resolution is the same as Aux Feedback Resolution, value is 1000 ( 250 x 4 ).

When I download this project SERCOS phase stops at 3, and on axis connected to AuxFeedback I got error AccelerationLimitBioplar - invalid config ( or something like that).

When I download to PLC project with different settings in tabs that I listed above ( for example if I change Drive Resolution from 1000 to 8000) after download everything is ok (SERCOS goes to phase 4), and than in run mode I change this value again to 1000 and axis works fine.

What may cause this situation ?

Best regards,

Matt

More information needed

Is this a New system or a reconfigure of an existing system?

Need most Configuration tabs for the axis

Methods to get the information to us
attach the ACD file with everything or only the configuration.
cut paste picture of tabs (I find *.png is good)

It sounds that the dynamic properties are incorrect but I suspect that the issue is further back in the motor scaling

Part numbers please
Motor type?
Sercos Drive?
What servo mode are you using? - eg Position , Dual Position, Dual command position.

Motor scaling is the resolver connected to the back of the motor (NOT the auxiliary encoder)

Motor connected to ? gear box then what
Where is the aux encoder connected in the drive train?

a block diagram of ratio changes would be nice

We mount Kinetix 6000 (2094-BC01-M01) instead of GML.

Aux Feedback isn't additional feedback for the motor ( MPL-430P-M****), it is another axis ( one Hopper is for motor, it works as Possition Servo, Chain_pos is connected to TTL encoder, and as I wrote it's not connected to motor in any way. Seperate systems. Hopper axis is geared to Chain_Pos axis in )

Problem is with Chain_Pos axis. When I change Drive resolution in Drive Motor tab to (for example) 8192, everything works great (SERCOS goes to 4), when I download project with the setting I want ( drive resolution 1000 ) SERCOS stops at 3 with the error code 707, and information about AccelerationLimitBipolar.

And as I wrote there is no physical connection betwen those two axis, only Gearing from PLC.

I can't attach *.ACD file :/

zitam said:
I can't attach *.ACD file :/

If you mean you can't attach it because the forum upload device tells you that the .ACD is an invalid file, then that is due to a forum rule (all plc program files must be .ZIP).
If you are unable to post to confidentiality restrictions, then c'est la vie, but problems like this are nearly impossible to solve even for experts without being able to look at the code.

You mentioned an error code 707. Where are you seeing this, on a motion instruction? module? axis?

Interesting problem, but more information is definitely needed.

Maybe now it'll work ;) I rewrite it to new project without PLC code, with only axis settings. In file I attached there are proper setings, the one I would like to keep, and with those settings there is problem with SERCOS.

Error code 707 is SercosRingFault from Chain_Pos tag.

I thought about using SSV to change drive resolution value but there is no access to it thru SSV.

Now it's not such a big problem, but in few days I'm going to end and I can't leave this like that :/

Nothing jumps out as wrong with those settings

It appears as if something in the system is thinking that the feedback axis has an acceleration

If you save as L5K you see that the accel and decel values are zero (which is correct and is the same in programs that I have looked at)

Please try this - Configure firstly as servo axis with accel and decel rates then reconfigure to feedback only axis
Delete the Feedback Axis
Create a new Node in the Sercos
Create a New Axis -
Servo Configuration to the new node
Set the Accel and Decl rates to 100 and the Jerk Rates to 1000
Save the Axis
Now Set up the Axis as feedback only
Delete the Sercos Node​

Also sometimes when rockwell gets confused I find that saving as L5K then reopening seems to clear up issues

Last edited:
I thought about using SSV to change drive resolution value but there is no access to it thru SSV.

Now it's not such a big problem, but in few days I'm going to end and I can't leave this like that :/

Thanks for posting the axis properties. I'm certainly no servo expert, but I'll see what I can do.

When you change Drive Resolution, are you also changing the Conversion Constant? Perhaps the same original ratio needs to be kept? :confused:

From the online Axis Properties help:

Conversion Constant and Drive Resolution Attributes

The settings for certain axis attributes come from the settings of the Conversion Constant (set on the Conversion tab), or the Drive Resolution (set on the Drive tab).

When you edit the setting for either the Conversion Constant or the Drive Resolution, and then click either OK or Apply, you must choose whether to also recalculate the settings for these dependent attributes.

If you choose Yes, the controller recalculates the settings for the following attributes:

On this tab or dialog:
These attributes are recalculated:
Dynamics tab
Maximum Velocity
Maximum Acceleration
Maximum Deceleration
Limits tab
Position Error Tolerance
Custom Drive Scaling Attributes dialog
Torque Data Scaling
Custom Limit Attributes dialog
Velocity Limit Bipolar
Velocity Limit Positive
Velocity Limit Negative
Acceleration Limit Bipolar
Acceleration Limit Positive
Acceleration Limit Negative

If you choose No, the settings for these attributes remain unchanged.

So you can see that the parameter that you are getting the fault code for is changed whenever Drive Res or Conv Const is changed. This parameter is accessible via GSV or SSV. What you might need to do is go online with the original Resolution value, GSV AccelLimitBipolar into a variable, then change the resolution, and see what the new AccelLimitBipolar is. Sounds like it is being to changed to an unacceptable value.

I've been looking through some of my AB motion manuals for info on that SERCOS fault 707, but so far have had no luck.

My understanding of the OP original post

If the Drive Resolution is 8000 he can download it and get Sercos to run.
He can then change the drive resolution online to 1000 (must match the TTL scaling) and the system runs and starts.

Why he cannot download the correct settings and have Sercos to start is his problem.

What you might need to do is go online with the original Resolution value, GSV AccelLimitBipolar into a variable, then change the resolution, and see what the new AccelLimitBipolar is. Sounds like it is being to changed to an unacceptable value.

This may be useful but I expect that a feedback only axis will have 0 as its value