plc and android ph

munir

hi guys,
i was just wondering is there any way to control the plc through an android phone i would love to implement it, has anyone here tried to work on it????

hi adfox what i was looking for was an HMI kind of app built like a software but has to be a customized through which we can assign addresses to different buttons nd etc with the range of selecting diff plcs not only Siemens

I've used Ignition to do that. The mobile module isn't android native(html5 for now) yet but it works well enough. Ignition does a LOT more than just what you want, so might be complete overkill.

on their website they say it supports android, i dont know much about ignition i want to ask what they mean by mobile 'module'

Bosch Rexroth has just released a new technology they are calling Open Core.

It allows you to write applications for PC, Labview, Matlab/Simulink, android and iPhone that talked directly to the core of the PLC hardware without going through a fieldbus or even if there is no PLC program in the hardware. (But there can be a PLC program running as well. )

So, if you have skills in .NET, Eclipse, Objective-C etc you can write an ap to communicate directly with industrial hardware. If you sign up at their sight you can get access to the necessary libraries and examples.

www.boschrexroth.com/oce

<disclaimer: I work for a Bosch Rexroth distributor>