Relay Help Crimson3.0

wmeaneyjr

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem programming a relay in Crimson 3.0. My PLC has a retained memory value at Register R5064 that I need to access. However, the R values on Crimson (for a Panasonic FP0 MEWTOCOL-COM driver) only go up to 255F and I cannot enter a higher value. The value also does not respond to being made an LR, which contains that number.

Any thoughts? The PLC won't let me change the values to 2xxx numbers. Says that the value is not valid for retained memory.

Don't know anything about Panasonic PLC's but, isn't 255F a hex number? That equals 9567 in Decimal. If my calculator is being operated correctly :). So it would make sense that you could go up to R9567 in the R values. 5064=13C8 in Hex. Can you enter a value like that?

I could be talking out the other end of my body but hopefully this helps you over the hill.

Bullzi is right. If you look under the address entry field in Crimson, it says Radix:Hexadecimal for this type of element.

Thanks for the attempt, but when I plug the tag on the screen, i'm not shown a value (even though the default is 0)

in the PLC, i've arranged them by ascending FP address number, and they go 5064, 5065, 5066, 5067, 5068, 5069, 506A, etc. So these are already in a hex format, apparently.

Crimson provisions for Relays (0-255F) Special relays (9000-910F) and Link Relays (0000-639F) 5064 has no effect when used in the Link Relays. Perhaps formatting it as 13C8 will work?

Any other ideas if it doesn't work?

According to the FP0 manual, the valid range for internal relays is R0 to R62F. Are you sure you're using valid addresses?

fp0.JPG

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I'm using an FP2 PLC, one of the high speeds.

I also tried using the WR to treat it as word 506 and specifying bit 4 . doesn't work. At a loss here?

My guess would be that the Crimson driver doesn't support the high speed FP2.

Internal relay range of the standard FP2 is R0 to R252F while the FP2SH is R0 to R886F.

Red Lion should be able to confirm this... have you talked to tech support?

If you are using the FP Series - FP MEWTOCOL-COM driver then the FP2 is one of our verified devices.

The verified device according to the PDF is a FP2-C1, which is not the high speed model being used by the OP (FP2-C2/3). The internal relay range of this model goes far beyond the allowable range in Crimson. (His address 5064 is already in hex.)

The verified device according to the PDF is a FP2-C1, which is not the high speed model being used by the OP (FP2-C2/3). The internal relay range of this model goes far beyond the allowable range in Crimson. (His address 5064 is already in hex.)

Ah I see. I didn't know there was a difference in FP2 models.

wmeaneyjr with the differences mentioned above between the tested FP2 model and the one you are using you will most likely need to submit a driver request through your distributor to have support for your model added.

Thanks
Jeremy