S7 GET function no error, no status

Maugrim

I am trying to use a GET function to pull data from a remote PLC.

I believe I set up the unspecified S7 connection in Netpro correctly as I get a green triangle with the text "Set Up" under connection status.

I am talking over ethernet, and used the GET function from SIMATIC_NET_CP > CP300

The problem I am having is that when I drop the GET (FB14) into OB1, set it up, and download - It just sits there doing nothing.

I am using clock bit 6 for the REQ.

I get 0 on NDR, ERROR and STATUS.

Any ideas?

I changed the GET to SFB14 from the standard library after talking to local tech support.

I now get an error (27) on STATUS which is "There is no function code in the CPU for this block".

Just wish it told be what that meant. Any help would be much appreciated!

I changed the GET to SFB14 from the standard library after talking to local tech support.

I now get an error (27) on STATUS which is "There is no function code in the CPU for this block".

Just wish it told be what that meant. Any help would be much appreciated!
Hi,
what kind of plc are you trying?

Got it going with the original FB14.

When I first did the code, and pulled the block from the library I didn't realize it was a FB ( thought they were all SFB's). As such, I didn't download the block. This PLC was setup with the OB to catch theses errors, not let the PLC fault.

When I got the other error, I did a block compare thinking somehow the CPU didn't have SFB14, and saw I was missing FB14.