Micrologix LCD Programming

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I just finished my first ML program where I used the LCD for user input. I think I have it down but would like some of the experts here to have a look at it. I don't have a ML1100 or 1400 to test the code so hopefully someone here can look at it and let me know if there is anything wrong with it.

Thanks for the help.

A quick look over the applications brings back one obvious issue...
The LCD Function of the MicroLogix controller is intended to be used as a user Read/Write interface with any bit ( maximum of 48) and integer ( maximum of 48) data type files within a ML1100 application; the addressing of the two types of data files has to be entered within the Controller's Function Files configuration applet, within the TBF (Target Bit File Number) and TIF (Target Integer File Number) rows.
Again, the targeted data files have to be either "Bit" type or "Integer" type only and their addresses have to be entered within the RSLogix 500 application Controller/Function Files/ LCD Tab TBF and TIF settings.
In your particular case TIF = 7, however the ST9 data file is not a valid data type file for interfacing with the LCD function.
Study Chapter 23 of

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1763-rm001_-en-p.pdf

for in detail information concerning the ML1100 LCD function.

The LCD Function of the MicroLogix controller is intended to be used as a user Read/Write interface with any bit ( maximum of 48) and integer ( maximum of 48) data type files within a ML1100 application; the addressing of the two types of data files has to be entered within the Controller's Function Files configuration applet, within the TBF (Target Bit File Number) and TIF (Target Integer File Number) rows.
This is one way that the ML1100's LCD can be used (reminiscent of the old Data Access Tool for the 1500). However, the LCD can be [almost] fully controlled by the ladder program using the LCD instruction. This includes the display of strings as the OP has done.

Bullzi, be advised that there are some glitches when using the LCD instruction to accept user input. See this thread I started on the subject:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=48573

I don't know if these problems have been corrected in Series B units.