LOGO programming

cajunbrain

I am new to using LOGO. I am trying to configure timers/relays in such a way as to permit 2 hours of use per 24 hour period, but not necessarily the same 2 hours each day. Once triggered, the device would allow 2 hours of uninterupted use, followed by 22 hours of "lock out". Then the cycle would begin again after the trigger event.

It was suggested to me that I use a LOGO to control a relay which would control a receptacle.

Any help exploring/programming it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

hi...cajunbrain...I once need to use the logo its very easy to program just download the manual form internet and read it once....you will find it very easy...

I am new to using LOGO. Once triggered, the device would allow 2 hours of uninterupted use, followed by 22 hours of "lock out". Then the cycle would begin again after the trigger event.

What happens if the "device" is stopped after, say, 45mins does the 2 hr timer also stop?

The 2 hour period is handled by a separate relay.

All I am trying to do is , for an introduction, is to program the Logo as a one shot 24 hour retentive timer that is triggered by a momentary contact switch. I know, not too exciting, but taking baby steps.

Could this be a senario:
The relay is triggered at 21.59 runs for two hours, new day and at 00.01 the relay is triggered and run for 2 hours again and are not allowed to run until 00.00 again?

I am new to using LOGO. I am trying to configure timers/relays in such a way as to permit 2 hours of use per 24 hour period, but not necessarily the same 2 hours each day. Once triggered, the device would allow 2 hours of uninterupted use, followed by 22 hours of "lock out". Then the cycle would begin again after the trigger event.

It was suggested to me that I use a LOGO to control a relay which would control a receptacle.

Any help exploring/programming it would be greatly appreciated!!!!
No!!!! the logo Timer retentive not up 999 so you can do your job by .05

Eric, I should get one of those BOB time managers hooked to my PLCTalk computer. :ROFLMAO:

Cajunbrain, One way to program your 24-hour timing function would be to use the LOGO timer "Retentive On-Delay" timer function. (I had to define the switch as a "momentary break" so that I would not have to hold my finger on it all the time!)

Cajunbrain's Retentive Timer- RUNNING.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a better version. For easier testing, change the timer time base from hours to seconds. Then you can see it time out and stop. Also, if you stop the simulation, then restart, the retentive timer will restart at the time it stopped previously.

Cajunbrain's Retentive Timer- RUNNING.jpg

Last edited: