Cause & Effect Tables

Hal9000

Hi there,

I'm working on a new waste water process (CompactLogix) project that involves quite a lot of documentation. Within the document list the client has requested a "Cause & Effect Table".

I'm hoping someone could send me a good example of this so I can get my head around what my client is after. I've certainly got the concept of C&E but I've never actually done one before. The examples on the web look quite basic, but I need to look pro with this.

Many thanks in adavance

You must be able to document what happens if a transmitter / sensor fails and what the effect of this failure is.

So a review of the entire control system and find the weak spots in this, and then you have to described what happens if there is a failure.
A failure of a sensor on a wastewater treatment plant can result in poor cleaning, and the same may happen if the sensor is not calibrated with the appropriate time interval.

It's a bit like with risk analysis of safety - what can go wrong and what is done to avoid it goes wrong.
Failures to a sensor can of course be solved by having 2 sensors then you are more sure of the measurement.

I found this which gives information about what it is about
http://www.aidic.it/icheap9/webpapers/41An.pdf