Unable to deploy galaxy node

oxykill

Hi there everyone,

I am looking for an intelligent way to deploy intouch application from one application hosting machine (via network) and also a way to get historical

So, IDE same to be the best way to succeed !

My configuration :

- One server running win server 2008, with IDE, galaxy, intouch, historian installed on.

- Clients machines running only intouch viewer on it with bootstrap installed on.

So there is my question/problem !

In my deployement hierachical view, I get

- GR_Node ($WinPlatform)
- AppEngine
- Operator_Node ($WinPlatform)
- AppEngine
- ViewEngine
- InTouchViewApp

First, Am I on the good way to be able to deploy intouch app to my Operator_Node

Second, when I try to deploy my GR_Node, I get this error

Failed to deploy GR_Node : Another Platform is deployed on the target PC. Undeploy the deployed platform first.

- Let me say : I've try so many method that I may have not deployed something before delete it !

Third, when *second* will be cleared, to succeed, i need to first, deploy my GR_Node, than, my operator_node and finally the intouch view app ?

Please let me thanks any person that will help me with this beautiful problem !

- My two cents : Archestra IDE is not for end user, no documentation explaining step by step haha !

I've been able to use directly intouch via NAD to push windows (and changes) over network.

But, like I like to push my knowledge and for advanced skill, I would like to get it run over Archestra IDE and my galaxy ! :)

1st, Yes this is ok

2nd, so your problem is that there is another node deployed to the GR. Easy to fix. WW has a utility call Platform Remover that you can download from the Wonderware Developers Network. It runs for 2 sec and will resolve your problem.Basically it cleans your GR from deployed data. I have attached it.

3rd is fine different objects so no problem just de-select cascade deployment.

As for documentation you will find loads on the website.

Go to http://global.wonderware.com/EN/Pages/default.aspx

Under support tab join WDN(Wonderware Developers Network).

I've been able to use directly intouch via NAD to push windows (and changes) over network.

But, like I like to push my knowledge and for advanced skill, I would like to get it run over Archestra IDE and my galaxy ! :)

\
So you can still have amanaged App in IDE. You can convert your normal intouch to a managed App. And deploy changes to different views in this way.

Please, let me first thank you for your help ! 🍺

So, your software worked as it sould, i've been able to deploy all my stuff again !

Thread Close, everything work find now :)

Last edited:
Life Saver

Used the utility that I could not locate on their support site even though our company has basic support. It's Friday after 5pm and our support channels are now E-mail. Got it back in short order with your help!(y)

Glad to help always keep this utility in your bag it comes in handy. Also used it againt this week on one of my development systems.

The utility is actually part of the IDE install. Just search for remover and you can find it on your CD.

I have tried to use platform remover twice it indicated that it was removed but I still get the error. I have deleted the galaxy that was deployed, and did not even know which on was deployed.

Error: Failed to deploy GR_Platform : Another Platform is deployed to the target PC. Undeploy the deployed Platform first.

You need to run platform remover on the target PC.then run the OSConfiguration utility and reboot that platform.

Cannot Deploy Platform from Server to Node Client

I have a Project using System platfrom Wonderware. In Win Platform, I set Netwwork Address is address of node PC Client. but When I Deploy it which have problem: cannot deploy the galaxy platform to a node other than the galaxy node. Please configure this Platform to use machine name XXXXX.

Please give an advice. Thank so much

Firstly,

I suggest opening a new Thread instead of jumping on an existing thread.

Secondly can you post a screenshot of the message and also the deployment view of your galaxy?