Clearing a bit array in CLX

ydtech

I have a bit array about 1000 in length. Now I need to clear about 100 in the middle of it. The FLL instruction doesn't work with bits and I'm not finding any suitable alternative instruction.

Any suggestions?

I think you'll find that brute force is the only solution. Make a subroutine (or heck, an AOI) and fill it with individual OTU instructions.

RA just didn't make the BOOL array datatype with the same pointer functionality as the other atomic datatypes.

maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're asking for - but see if the ideas here will help ...

this works on my lab equipment to "zero out" the contents of 100 BOOLS starting at location My_Bool_Array[10] ...

you'll probably have to tinker around with the "target" and "length" values - but if I understand your problem (?) - then this might get you going ...

bool_eraser.PNG

Last edited:
Watch out for the increased task execution time when you enable this clearing logic - you don't want to be tripping the Task Watchdog.

I have a bit array about 1000 in length. Now I need to clear about 100 in the middle of it. The FLL instruction doesn't work with bits and I'm not finding any suitable alternative instruction.

Any suggestions?

When I have to clear bit-words, I always use XOR, the word, with itself, result-itself.