RsLogix500 - Creating rung shortcuts on LAD 2 Program File

ElecSupport

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am running RsLogix500 v7.10 to connect to several SLC 5/04's, 1747-L543, Ser C, F/W 10.

My question is, until last weekend, We had a feature programmed into the "LAD 2" section of "Program Files" in the left window.
There used to be a plus sign "+" next to it, and clicking on it would then list dozens of references directly below "LAD 2" that were specific rung shortcuts throughout the 1600 rung program.

Clicking on these links/shortcuts would take us directly to different rungs, like 176, 693 or 1425 . . . . This feature was very fast in getting us to the exact rung we needed for various pumps, tanks etc, much faster than using "Search" then typing in the specific equipment I wanted.

Looking for the specific syntax of this feature or and help in restoring this function would be greatly appreciated! Thank you !

in the top menu – click Tools – Options ...

you should be on the System Preferences tab ...

turn on the check box for Integrate Advanced Diagnostics in Project Tree ...

the entries that you're talking about are technically known as "Page Titles" and were typed in (rung-by-rung) as part of your systems documentation ...

if you need to actually enter new (or edit existing) rung titles, then Right-Click on the rung's number (left column) and use the popup screen ...

TIP: the "documentation" never gets stored in the PLC processor ... instead it exists only in a "program file" (RSS type file) on your computer's hard drive ... so if you've just done an "upload" of the program from a processor - and therefore don't have the original RSS file - then you won't see the titles that you're asking for ...

Last edited:
What you are referring to is a page title. When you add comments to a rung you can put comments into two different kinds of fields. The top field is a page title and the bottom field is a rung comment. Page titles can be a handy way to quick navigate to specific bits of code.

Have you deleted your comments or page titles?

(edit: I see my distinguished colleague Ron is typing just a little faster than I am today. 🍺 )

Last edited:
Thank you for the fast replies!

You hit the nail on the head, Ron. Yes TConnolly, Ron definitely has the fast hand today. The check box for Integrate Advanced Diagnostics in Project Tree was turned off. There are rung comments is the ladder logic that I was referencing for this, and all works fine now. Thank you sir !!!