WinCC flexible programming

Michael_B

Hi guys, I've got a couple of questions regarding wincc programing, I'd appriciate any help.

1. I'm using one of the images from the image library in wincc and I want it to appear on the screen in a different color than the default. I go to the properties and change the background color and it all works fine. But when I use more than a single instance of that image and try to set different colors for each one, they all end up appearing in the same color. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Lets suppose I have ten drives connected to my plc via profinet. There is a sequence of words received by the plc which describes the current state of the drive/motor. If I use simotion scout I can see the exact words that are sent, I have the meaning of each bit of the word and instead of just seeing "1" or "0" there's a led which is on or off correspondingly. How can I create the same window in the HMI?
Whenever a button which represents a motor is pressed, I want a window to pop up which has 16 images of leds in it. If I have 16 different leds for each drive and there are 10 drives it means I have to configure 10*16 leds to show the value of the corresponding bit of the drive, which might be quite annoying... Is there some efficient method of doing that? Some kind of VB script, perhaps?

Thanks.

1: pass
2: Google for Wincc +multiplexing, search for address multiplexing.

In short: You can make one screen with your motor status LEDS which is index adressed. When you click the motor symbol you pass the index number of the status DW to a internal variable before you open this screen.

Do a search and come back if you don't find anything helpful.

Kalle

1) ??

2) Use 1 x 16 LED and change the data displayed in the panel in the PLC.

In the panel created ​​1 x 16 LED and refers to a word in the PLC.
Data for the individual motors are in the PLC and when you press the button for a motor moves the motor data for the selected motor, to the word the 16 LED panel refers to.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, I'm glad someone thought of a way to deal with a lot of data before me ;)

Didn't figure out the image color problem yet though.

Graphics View

To make the colors stay different.
You might try.
Go to the "graphic view" properties, misc. and make the name of each view unique. Graphics View_1, Graphics View_2....
Worked for me.
Cripes, I was dead wrong, the file name of the graphic has to be unique.
Sorry

Last edited: