Proworx NxT

stevegodber

Modicon PLC 984-685E

Anybody know how to use ADD or ADD16 to put the HEX value 7FFF into a register ( 4xxxx ). I can't enter values in HEX and seem to be limited to decimal 9999.

What I really trying to do is use ladder to ensure a certain register always gets loaded with this constant value through ladder.

Problem I had was the value got loast when the PLC was powered down and then it messed up a whole train of calculations. Hence I don't just want to write a number into the register using the register editor.

To be compatible with legacy ("old BCD keypads") equipment the default maximum value for registers is 9999 decimal. You can change this in ProWorx NxT by going to File-Preferences and checking the option for 65535 as the maximum value. However, through a quirk in the ProWorx software you can still only enter 4 digits (9999) in the math functions. The old Modsoft softae does not have this quirk.

If I wanted to hard program a preset value of 7FFF into 40001, I would use the MU16 function and decimal values. Note: In really old versions of the 685E executive the result might actually be in the implied register (40002). Normally, I would use the Register Editor Window and enter my value directly in Hex, then I would Save and Load STATE RAM values along with my ladder logic.

|-----|
---|#4681|
| 7 |
| MU16|
---|40001|
|-----|

Thanks

Jim
Thanks for your help.
Iyou had replied to another matter regarding the DRUM loadable.
I managed to get a .dat file from a local Modicon source.
(just incase you ever need it)
Regards
Steve