bit toggle

gatfu

I am fairly new to the plc world so please forgive my rookie questions. I have programmed in rslogix starter lite a basic routine. this routine has a few basic acctuators that i turn on and run through basic timing on off functions. works great. my question is I am turning them on with an internal Binary bit. It works to power up the acctuator however when I toggle the bit back off the accutator stays on. What am i doing wrong? The binary is not completing the circuit according to the latter logic why is the acctuator still staying energized?

When you turn the internal bit off B3:0/0 the subroutines are not scanned.

Run your subroutines unconditionally.

In addition to Mickey's advice, use your B3:0/0 INSIDE your subroutines in line with any output or anything else you don't want to run (e.g. Timers).

I added it to the inside of one of my subroutines thinking that would fix it however it does not. the bit within the subroutine goes off but the acctuator stays on.

Thanks guys i just got it.. removed the binary from the main routine and only put it in the subroutines.....unconditionally....makes sense now. thanks again