out of connections and out of time

bce123

Lifetime Supporting Member
please help
I have a system with an l32e and 7 aents and two pc's running ft me and i am getting maybe out of connection errors if i unplug any two of the aent it seems to help. file is just changed to zip Thanks,

For those of you downloading it: it's a *.ACD file, RSLogix 5000 v20.

At first blush I think you won't be able to do this with a 1769-L32E; you have 35 CIP connections just to POINT I/O modules, without considering the FTView ME terminals, programming terminals, or Produced/Consumed Tags.

The 1769-L32E only supports 32 CIP connections over EtherNet/IP.

Let's talk about what your options are for a larger-capacity CPU.

Last edited:
My recommendation is to replace the 1769-L32E with a 1769-L33ER controller.

A quick summary of your controller's needs:

(10) Local 1769-series I/O modules
(7) POINT I/O adapters with 4 analog modules each, for a total of 35 CIP connections.
(2) FactoryTalk View ME clients, which can use between 1 and 5 CIP connections each.
(1) RSLogix 5000 online session, which can use 1 or more CIP connections (each Trend, for example, will establish one).

The 1769-L33ER has enough capacity for all of those requirements.

It supports up to 16 local 1769 I/O modules and up to 32 EtherNet/IP nodes.

The difference in network capacity calculation between the new 5370 CompactLogix and the older controllers is that you only have to count EtherNet/IP nodes, rather than the CIP connections to all of the devices bridged through that node.

So for sizing an old 1769-L32E, each POINT I/O adapter is a CIP connection and each POINT analog module is a CIP connection, for a total count of 35.

For sizing a 1769-L33ER, each POINT I/O adapter and all of the connected analog modules are one EtherNet/IP node, for a total count of 7.

The 1769-L33ER will use the same power supply and the same software and occupy the same footprint. The only thing you'll lose is the RS-232 port (the L33ER has USB) and the CompactFlash card (the L33ER uses an SD card).

Thanks Ken thats what I think I will do. This system was set up by an Oem who took the specs that said Reduntant HMIs as one PCM with two screens and neglected to take into account the 505e and 3micro logics two c-more and msg requirements is really becoming a pain! Thanks for you reply