Linking Global Objects Without Connections

shebang

Hello all,

I am using FactoryTalk View SE.

I am trying to link an element from a global object to a display. This display will have a specific connection that differs from other displays using this global object. Therefore, I need to link the global object on everything except it's connections. This seems simple enough, since in the global object defaults there is a selector for
Code:
LinkConnections default
* True
X False
37j4Zx8Ko4VYt7IBVZXlGduAst02ZNo60AWblhz6ckoJvIYn1AbkKx80SUIBZfAaPlAbkEQmaKi0AkrhlfaGJpACEgoQvBJi0VC9FCB49coHeSOhAMErIRYN1UsBglevfJA3EgoQvBJi0VC9FCB49coHeSOhwAN4S9hvL+++PoCa8mKJ6TSUFAhOgQfwGi5YAAfnDq1MCogr8BC8xrRkMik+m0aSAgEqMAfeAH2hpUkBKQUIXim5aLBOChC8OmWDfJFSgOCVkosG66QAwatTNsgXKQUIXim5aLBOCvwHv4oRZvEp3wgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Well, as you can see, I have it set to false. And yet, when I place this global object on a display, I have to break the link in order to change the tag connections. This setting does not seem to change anything at all about how the element behaves. Why is that?

link.png

Is the object a tag label, trend, or Button with an action other than Command?

If so you can't set up a separate connection.

Maybe you can setup the global objects to use #1, #2, etc
That way you can use it on several displays with different connections.
I attach a picture.

OBJECT.jpg