Linking 2 L72s in Designer 5000

smm1099

So I'm currently in the process of linking 2 1756-L72 processors to send alarms back and forth. One processor is rev 26.13 and the other is 32.11. They were on separate networks but linked at a central point in the control room. You can access both processors from a single PC by changing the IP address. I added an EN2T to one of the processors and connected it to an empty port on the nearby stratix switch to give it an IP that would put them on the same network. When I open Linx, I can see the connection from one to the other, from both IP configs. However when I'm trying to add them to the controller tree in studio, neither are wanting to communicate. When looking from the 26.13 project, I somehow don't have the revision available to add the processor to the controller tree. Then, when looking from the 32.11 project, it doesn't even show up when trying to discover devices. Keep in mind this is both versions of the software on the same computer in the control room where its just an IP change to connect. I had hoped to redo the project path when I was done, so I wouldn't have to change the IPs anymore. Anyone have an idea of what I'm missing?

If you can ping both devices from the same ethernet connection then there should be data routing between them.

You should be able to manually create the producer in the tree of the PLC that is consuming the data. It doesn't have to be an exact match to the PLC type or firmware. The important part is the structure of the comms. ie how the data it getting to the PLC. You need to specify if it is coming through the CPU ports or via network card.

Browsing it is not important as this can be done offline with no network.

If you can ping both devices from the same ethernet connection then there should be data routing between them.

You should be able to manually create the producer in the tree of the PLC that is consuming the data. It doesn't have to be an exact match to the PLC type or firmware. The important part is the structure of the comms. ie how the data it getting to the PLC. You need to specify if it is coming through the CPU ports or via network card.

Browsing it is not important as this can be done offline with no network.
Thanks, that got it. I've always thought that it had to be correct rev. regardless of what it's doing comms wise. I also learned that whoever set this system up installed 2 separate instances of the software, instead of just 2 versions through studio. I've wondered why its the only processor I have to connect to in administrator and windows XP sp3, but now it makes sense.