Micro820 - SD Card Light Blinking/Flashing

mafokken

I have a Micro820, yes I know they are hated.

I have a brand new Micro820 that I programmed with a Micro SD Card. Once I got it programmed, I shut it off, removed the SD Card and turned it back on. Once I turned it on, it seemed to start normally, but then the SD Card light started blinking. It's not flickering like it does when it's installing a program fro a SD Card, but just blinking off and on. No other lights are on. It blinks off and on for about 2 minutes and then finally goes into run mode.

Anyone have any thoughts?

We program 5-10 of these a week with the Micro SD Card and this seemed to be the first one to have issues with programming.

No. I wasn't exaggerating when I said 2 minutes of blinking before it finally gets into Run mode. It's not flickering. It's blinking, similar to the way the Program light blinks when in Program mode.

Do you have Load Always / Load on Memory Error option enabled on CCW in the mem card sttings?
If you do it may attempt to load a program from the SD card at power cycle, whether or not one is installed.

Also, checking that it is a brand new controller and not a new / reman? If so check the controller name is Micro820 and not something else, so that it agrees with the UPD file.

Last edited:
I would setup another flash card, with program and firmware and try it again, to me it sounds like its got a bad firmware issue