Allen Bradley Message Cached Connections

DivideByZero

Hello,

Ive gotten a few answers on this from the Rockwell tech support but it's just not clear as they often point to the manual. I've also read through the manuals and the answer is just not clear.

In AB messaging you have the option to cache or not cache a message connection.

If you have two messages going to the same module and one is cached and the other is not, will the non-cached message use the open connection, or will it close it because it's not cached in the new message and re-open it?

It would make sense to me that the controller would look to see if the connection is open before attempting to open another one, so only one message to a controller should need to be cached and not all of them

Similar Topics

I have two L35e processors i want to send message to and from. I just want to do data read. Condition from one plc and see it on another plc. I...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if anyone had tried using a micrologix 1100 with a Moxa cell modem G3110 using Crossbridge solutions as the Vpn tunnel to go to a...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a message board that is compatible with RSlogix 500 tags. I have a few Micrologix 1500's networked together. I need a message...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have experience receiving unsolicited messages using RSLinx through an Allen Bradley gateway? We're trying to send message over DH+...
Replies
Views
I have a Control Logix controler and I have a Compact Logix controler that are connected thru ethernet. I have never setup messaging to these type...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom