Message Setup? Allen Bradley Contol Logix

As a follow up, we finally got Ethernet/IP working with a router (Cisco 6K series), where the router and the switches are part of the same VLAN.
When in such a setup, the router does not decrement the TTL, if the packet's destination is in the same VLAN. However, if you try to send an Ethernet/IP packet from one VLAN to another, the TTL will be decemented by 1 to 0 by the router and the packet will not be forwarded.
I will follow up later with more information.

Cisco 6K - wow! This cost more than extra controllogix PLC set at remote location.

Why include this network subnets with router in it when its clearly not usable with the product and create confusion. Atleast add a sentence in there that says its a general configuration and routers will not forward Ethernet IP packets.
I did read the text.
A-B describes in manuals only supported configurations.
BTW messages can use routers and all these pictures are valid.

Last edited:
Contr_Conn said:
Cisco 6K - wow! This cost more than extra controllogix PLC set at remote location.

A-B describes in manuals only supported configurations.
BTW messages can use routers and all these pictures are valid.

The Cisco 6K was part of the existing network. We just had 2950s hooked up to the 6K.

That is right - the pictures (and the text too) are valid for messages.

Dear All
I use compactlogix L35E with IP(192.168.1.6)
With FlexLogix L34 with daughtercard with IP(192.168.1.2)
I need to read info. from flexlogix therefore I use MSG
Config. Tab is CIP Data Table Read and (Source element ..... Nu. of ele........Desti......)
Commun. Tab is (LocalENB,2,192.168.1.2)
But an error happens 16#0004, what should I do?
Thanks

Welcome to the Forum, Omar.

For new questions, please start a new thread, rather than resurrecting a very old one. This is appropriate even when the topics are similar.

In your case, you need to add one more "hop" to the end of the CIP Path so that the message gets from the 1788-ENBT daughtercard to the FlexLogix CPU.

The CIP Path should be:

(LocalENB,2,192.168.1.2,1,0)