polarity reversal question

gatfu

I have an AB 1100 fully populated with expansion modules. everything is pretty much in use except for some of my openings on my 1762-ow16 module. i still have a few openings on this. what i need to accomplish will be tricky however i think it can be done i am just not sure on how to go about it. i need to add an actuator to my sequence that will open and close upon polarity reversal. this actuator is normally controlled by a manual hand rocker switch to accomplish this however i am trying to eliminate the "Manual" part of this and integrate this into my fully automated sequence. obviously i can't polarity reverse via software something that is directly connected to my output. There has to be something in the middle that can handle this however my mind is drawing a blank. I am thinking maybe blocking diodes of some sort but am not fully sure. any thought, ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Double Pole Double Throw Relay. Hook Device to Commons on Relay. Use Contacts to Reverse Polarity. Output on = (+ -) Output off = (- +)

Reverse Polarity.JPG

Double Pole Double Throw Relay. Hook Device to Commons on Relay. Use Contacts to Reverse Polarity. Output on = (+ -) Output off = (- +)

That should work if there is no off position. Might need another relay for that.

Stupid newby question... i'm sure it will work but can you throw a DPDT relay on the out put of another relay? in other words i guess it will just be two relays in series. the first relay in the expansion module when it makes it will activate the coil in the external relay (DPDT).

there will need to be an off state. i can't be driving 12 vdc constantly in either direction. it will only need to drive to open or close then the circuit will need to break again.

If Device current is not greater than Outputs Max Current then you could do this. If current draw is to much then an additional Relay will be needed.

1500 plc and Relay.JPG

VIOLA...i believe that will work. the device current draw is only 60mA. Thanks a million for clearing the fog in my head!