Schematic Abbreviation for Air Conditioner

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
What do you use for a schematic abbreviation for an air conditioner. Is the obvious choice of AC to confusing because of the more obvious use for Alternating Current? Maybe A/C is a better choice?

I usually try to follow the appendix E in NFPA 79 but there is no listing there for air conditioner.

Thanks,

nOrM

Norm

I tend to use HVAC (Heating Ventalation & Air Conditioning) when I draw schematics with any type of climate control or air con.

Paul

Norm,
If it is only an air conditioner, I use "Air Cond." This makes it pretty clear that you are not talking about "AC" voltage, or alternating current of some type.

Hey Norm, you probably got this figured out already, I just stumbled across this post, but i suspect that you will be notified that I replied.

At Komatsu dresser, I just used AC for the abrieviation, which is normal for mobile equipment in general. Even though the electric drive mining trucks are basically a generator, this does not pose a problem as they are 3-phase, rectified, then sent to the drive motors for DC units, or to Inverters for A-C drive units.

When I checked schematics for Caterpillar, AC was used, but then they are only in development of A-C drive at the present.

For commercial and industrial wiring, I started using A/C and have never had it questioned, and notice that most everyone else uses this also.

regards....casey