Bolatov

Hello we have a PF70 with these connections
1 - Stop/CF
2 - Start
3 - Enable
7 & 8 - jumper
9 - 24 Vcd
14 & 15 Analog input

sometimes (1 or twice per week) the drive is stopped and when its restarted it doesnt works, the displays show stopped, but the 216 parameter shows that the stop, start, and enable are 1, the 016 parameter shows the correct voltage.

I changed the relay, check the voltage and it seems everything is ok, could it be something wrong with the wiring?
im attaching the picture

Thanks so much in advance

connections.JPG

pf70

we just take power of the Start Relay, and it stops

but i dont understand why the drive 216 parameter showst hat the drive receives the 3 inputs required to start and display "stopped"
(reference voltage is ok)

Could there be a problem that the start and enable are powerup at the same time?

Last edited:
Because Digital Input 1 is configured as "Stop/CF" and is permanently "active" since it's jumpered to Terminal 9 (24 VDC +).
Again, your configuration is not properly implemented in order to ensure safe and correct functionality.
Please refer to the previously posted link examples, choose one of them and then promptly implement it.

The start and stop command can't be 1 in the same time. The priority it's always the STOP command. If you whant to use this config ( unsafe one ) try to unlach the stop command when you put the start bit to 1.

The simplest way to run a Pflex70 is in 2-wire mode with a contact wired between term 9 and 2. You will need the jumper between term 7 and 8, and one between 1 and 9. Close the contact, it runs. Open the contact it stops.

The problem is the addition of the Enable. If you are going to use Enable, it has to be on before the Run signal on term 2. You can get lucky and it work sometimes, but it's not reliable.

The folks wondering how it stops are assuming it's 3-wire control.

The simplest way to run a Pflex70 is in 2-wire mode with a contact wired between term 9 and 2. You will need the jumper between term 7 and 8, and one between 1 and 9. Close the contact, it runs. Open the contact it stops.

The problem is the addition of the Enable. If you are going to use Enable, it has to be on before the Run signal on term 2. You can get lucky and it work sometimes, but it's not reliable.

The folks wondering how it stops are assuming it's 3-wire control.

The OP intended to use "three-wire" control...:D
This is a "classic" legacy to architecture class "successful conversion"...:whistle:
As stated with the posted PF70 UM when the user uses "Start/Stop" control then it is a "three-wire" (two input)setup: one digital input is configured as "Start" and wired up to a momentary NO contact and a second input is designated as "Stop" and wired up on a NC contact.
For "two-wire" control the user is going to use only one digital input configured as "Run" while the rest of the digital inputs are not wired up and set to "Not Used" within the Digital In x Sel.
Obviously the posted setup is somewhere "in between" the proper functionality configurations.

we just take power of the Start Relay, and it stops

but i dont understand why the drive 216 parameter showst hat the drive receives the 3 inputs required to start and display "stopped"
(reference voltage is ok)

Could there be a problem that the start and enable are powerup at the same time?

Yes, I believe hitting the start and enable at the same time could be an issue. If the drive receives a start signal and then an enable signal, it will not start. The enable input must be true prior to recieving a start. Typically the enable input is wired to an E-Stop contact or some other permissive relay.

You can change the function of the digital inputs through parameters 361-366.