Activations problems

Modotarin

Hi, I have a problem with the activation of RS Logix 500 in the FactoryTalk Manager I can not see the software license and I have it in the folder that it mark in FactoryTalk Manager.
In the advanced options of FactoryTalk Manager server status is stopped, I pressed refresh and nothing happens.
could you please help me, I can do

I'm using the latest version, I have it installed on a laptop with windows 7 pro 64 bit, in test time use the RS Logix 500 and achieves communicate with PLC's and implement programs without problems

After adding a license to a server, I have noticed it can take several minutes to appear in some of the client lists and refresh doesn't speed it up.

Even added to the local path it's slow to appear and refresh...sometimes I have not been able to make a new addition appear without rebooting. There is probably a service you can restart, but this is usually a rare problem that will go away once that license has been located once.

The only other advice I can give is to double check the path, and also your rights on that Windows PC must be Administrator.

Last edited:
The only other advice I can give is to double check the path, and also your rights on that Windows PC must be Administrator.

With Win7, you may need to turn off User Account Control, so that your Administrator account actually gives you administrator level privileges.