RSLinx Lite

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am running RSLinx Classic Lite on 2 seemingly identical Win7 machines looking for AB_ETHIP-1,Etherenet connections. On one of them, RSLinx browses for machines on the WiFi unless I turn off the radio. On the other, it only looks at the wired connection, even when there is no wire and thus never finds the WiFi machines. Is there a way to explicitly tell RSLinx that I want it to browse the WiFi domain?

There are two Ethernet drivers. One is called Ethernet devices and the other is Ethernet/IP.

The Ethernet devices driver browses based on the IP address in the browse list. That defines whether to use the wired or wireless connection.

The Ethernet/IP driver asks you to select which Ethernet adapter should be used. It also allows "Windows Default" which allows Windows to choose for you. I never use the Windows Default option and always select the specific adapter I want it to use.

OG

Thank you. That worked perfectly. Just telling me there was a path was all it took to find it. The key was "Browse Remote Subnet" and put in the IP of interest.

At the moment, i don't want 2 IP addresses browsed, but if I did, how do get a 2nd one?

That setting is asking you what subnet should be browsed. Not which single IP address should be browsed.

Think of it as the starting IP address. It will browse starting with that IP up to .255 so if other devices exist, they should pop up in that list as well.

If you want devices on a different subnet you can just add another Ethernet/IP driver.

OG