Siemens PC Adapter USB on VMware Issue

gav_33

Anybody have failed and solved the issue of installing Siemens PC Adapter USB V2.0 driver software on XP mode running on Windows 7 using VMware?

It just halt during installation and stay hang forever. Btw, it works on everywhere else except this.

Thank you.

I mean running Win XP as guest operating system on Win 7 using VMware. The driver software just won't install in my case.
I have search several sites, common issue encountered with no solution yet.
Just hoping if anyone here have any random idea for me to test out.

You have to unpack the USB Adapter 2.0 software inside the Guest, and run the installation software. When that has finished you can insert the USB Adapter in the host and connect it to the guest.
Do you do it in this order ?

I have had a similar issue with the USB prommer, and in the end I had to scratch the VMware image and start all over. I had done the installation in the wrong order, and it had entered a sort of catch-22.
Not sure if that is the case for you.
You could try to load a fresh VMware image and start all over.

Is too tedious to do so, I have quite a number of software which have been well configured. But if that's the last resort, I'll still try.
Did you finally manage to installed the USB adapter software in XP as guest OS on VMware???

I know. But it seemed similar to what you described.
The installation of the driver started, but the progress bar went to 99% and stopped there.
Only starting all over with a completely fresh Win XP image sorted the problem.