panelview communication

EMSSTC

Hello All,

I am new to posting, so I hope I get this right.

I have a 2711-K6C8x/B Panel view hooked up to a SLC 5/04 communicating on DH+. The only cable I have to communicate with the PLC is for the RS 232 port. I believe that the 232 port on the panelview is for printing only, and I can't see the panelview through the processor 232 port. I am trying to get the program out of the panelview. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be able to see the panelview through the processor 232 port?

Thanks for the help in advance,
EMSSTC

Welcome to the Forum!

It might be possible to use the Serial Port and Pass Thru.

What Version of Firmware is the SLC5/04?

What Version of RSLinx is installed on your PC?

Stu....

I will have to get back to you on that. The RSLinx info will be easy to get from the laptop, but I am not sure how to get the firmware of the SLC5/04. I can't turn the process off to look at the printed info. Can it be uptained online with the Processor?

EMSSTC

The RS232 post on your PV can be set for a printer but the default is for upload/download.

If you can get to the PV's configuration screen check the ports configuration.

Try the RS232 DF1 Devices driver in RSLinx and a straight thru cable and see if you can't get connected.

Mickey,

I tried that and was not able to connect. I thought that my cable might be bad, but I was able to connect to the PLC. I can't get to the configuration screen. The only screen that shows has no buttons for navigation.

EMSSTC

Mickey,

I tried that and was not able to connect. I thought that my cable might be bad, but I was able to connect to the PLC. I can't get to the configuration screen. The only screen that shows has no buttons for navigation.

EMSSTC

Please note I said straight thru cable. The cable used for the PLC is a null modem cable.

Mickey,

That might be my problem then. I thought you could use the 1747-CP3 for both. What cable should I use?

Any straight thru will work. Go to radio shack and buy one.

straightthru.png

Attachments

• 2706-NC13, 2711-NC13 -NC14 _ Cable Pinouts.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 4
Mickey's method is better if you can get it to work.

If you have a copy of the PLC Program, you can look at the Processor Information under the Status --> Proc Tab.

Stu....

Thank you all for the help. It turns out that everything works great when you use the correct cable.

Thanks,
EMSSTC