Panelview plus 7 Communication error after modifying Runtime.

Martindag

Hi there!

I got a HMI terminal Panelview Plus 7 (PN-332439 / CAT 2711P-T12W21D8S)
which work on a APP 8.00 i'm trying to modify with my FT View Studio 12.00
I saved the original Runtime into a USB card and used FT application manager to restore it.

I added the new measurement value and all i needed on one of the screen.
I go create a runtime application.
Select V8.0
I get a popup saying install patch if its V9.0 or earlier which i'm pretty sure i did last year.
Then i get a popup to pick the language and select US
Then a popup saying Activity log setup validation warning, Component does not exist [DIAGNOSTICS] and i press YES to continue anyway.

I take that new Runtime application in my HMI
Save it into internal memory, Load application, Select to not replace the communication, check to make sure the communication shortcut point the right path for my PLC and was all good.

When i do Run application. All info on the HMI screen appear ???
My new runtime is loaded with the new change i did but it appear the communication doesnt work.

If i go and reload the old Runtime i get no problem.

Can someone help me out and tell me what exactly im doing wrong here to make my new runtime work.

Thanks!

Seem like the problem happen when i convert the old runtime in 8.00 into 12.00 and save it in 8.00 again.

I guess i'm simply going to download V8.00 of View Studio and give it a try. Maybe ill get less problem this way.

If you PLC is EliteXY_Lathe that you PVP7 communicates with then:
In the Device Shortcut you showed, you need to scroll/select the "EliteXY_Lathe, 0" for your shortcut and press OK.

If you PLC is EliteXY_Lathe that you PVP7 communicates with then:
In the Device Shortcut you showed, you need to scroll/select the "EliteXY_Lathe, 0" for your shortcut and press OK.

Yeah i clicked on it and it updated the shortcut and all, i checked again to make sure it was selected. But i still get ? ? ? everywhere in my application when i run it.

Well, another option would be to firmware flash you PVP7 to version 12, but you probably already thought about that.

Is there a specific reason you DON'T want to update your comms? I have had this issue in the past as well and it has (almost) always been corrected by updating comms along with the application.

This is pure speculation based on what I have seen in the past, but it seems the PVP runtime doesn't actually reference the tagnames directly. It seems there is a level of abstraction there that is resolved as part of the communication set-up. Updating comms along with the app may help.

Keith