omron cpu43 communication problem

ranaaffan

we have omron C200 HG CPU 43. The problem is, it is not communicating with HMI while it is communicating with laptop on same port.
Also its communication LED is ON without connecting any cabel.
please help,how do i communicate it with HMI.

What software are you using to communicate with the laptop?

What HMI are you trying to connect to?

Has the HMI communicated with the PLC in the past?

These questions should get us started, there will be more.

i am uploading and dowloading program of plc through its software that is cx programmer,its working fine. but when i connect hmi that is advantech industrial pc on same port with same cable that i used to take program,its not communicating.
and yes the same hmi was communicating with plc before this problem occured.

I would verify the communication settings in the hmi.
Make sure they are the same as the CX-Programmer settings.

You may need to check the physical port on the hmi.
Serial ports have been known to be damaged.

Hope this will help.

When you go online, you may have inadvertently changed the comm parameters in the Settings.

Check that the setting are correct to that port, with the HMI requirements.

the hmi is ok as i have checked it on another machine having same omron plc. its communicating. so that means hmi port and settings are ok.
and i also have checked communication setting of both plc,s and found no difference.
so what to do now??