Omron CS1G- Cpu43

valerianlin

Hello,
I am fairly new to PLCs and have little experience with them so I thought if anyone here could help it would be great. The project that I have been given involves the OMRON CS1g- CPU 43 provided by the school. Once I plug in the power supply, the ERR/ALM red indicator lights up right away without any of the other indicators other than RDY from the CPU and POWER from the power supply.

I have tried a direct serial connection from the PC to the PLC using the RS232 Dsub 9 pin and have tried auto online/direct connect, and after auto searching for a while the error comes up which says failed to connect to the pLC. I Googled the ERR/ALM indicator and found out that it was a fatal error however am not sure which one because I can't even connect the PLC to the computer properly. I have tried at least 3 other PLCs all of which are the same model but to no avail. They all have the same problem. I should mention these models are quite old they have been sitting in the closet for god knows how long.

Anyways my question is does this fatal error prevent me from properly connecting to the PC? Is there a possible remedy? I'm running a bit behind schedule so I'd appreciate anyone help.

Thank You