flow calculation

ahmed yousri

hi
could you help me , i am looking forward to buy flow switch device that can be control the amount of the flow . for example if i want 100 liter of water .just enter required value then flow switch open . after 100 liter flow switch closed .could you recommend the device type which can achieve this conditions

It sounds like what you really want is a flowmeter and a separate valve. Depending on how fast you want to dispense your 100 liters, you would use either a big flowmeter (at the expense of resolution), or a smaller one (at the expense of fill rate, or speed).

You didn't mention if you plan on controlling this using a PLC, but if you aren't, you might use a counter module to count up the pulses and then set an output to turn off the flow.

I did a quick search and the Advantech Adam-6051 looks like it would do the trick very nicely.

You would tie both the flowmeter (a Sensys with a pulse output would do just fine), and the valve (one with a 24 VDC coil should do the trick) to the Adam-6051. You would then program the Adam unit to turn off the water at 100 liters.

Anybody out there ever use the Adam-6051 counter? It looks pretty sweet!

There are batch meters, panel meters that take a signal from a flow meter, which are programmed with a 'preset' (in your case 100L). They have a button for reset, too.

When the flow total gets up to the preset, a relay cycles, cutting power to the valve.

You still need a flow meter and a valve.

Some magnetic flow meters can be setup to total and batch (with a relay output), so that you don't need a separate flow meter and controller.

But you might google batch meter

Yeah, I threw in the controller in case he didn't have a PLC.

And if he is just measuring water, I would render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's, and just get a cheap residential meter. Wafer mags are fine, but a little bit more pricey than a street meter + a $200 counter.