Using Omron SysWin 3.2

gordie

Hi;

Can anyone tell me how to break into this software. I have just started a new job and have very little experience in PLC'S. Have this up and running but am at a loss at where to start. Anyone got any ideas on where I might look for a tutorial lesson? By the way am new to your group and am really enjoying reading through your stuff - hope to be a member for a while and in the future one that can add something to it. Thanks for anything - Gordie

Gordie,

The best way is to play with it. Do you have access to a PLC?

Try and get access to a PLC, a PC and the programming cable.

This would be the fastest way to get on track.

ArikBY has given you the best 2 references available. Syswin is really powerfull and easy to use. CX-Programmer is even better, particularly the latest version 4.01.

You may have a few more problems understanding the addressing of Omron PLCs. One big road map of channels - no X/Y or I/Q to deal with just a number. And no % signs to type in all the time. You have to be aware of your I/O channels. Check the PLC manuals carefully to find what is what. Advantages of this type of addressing is to address chanell 000 input 01 you just type 1 into the address and the software knows what you mean. Very quick to use.

The latest PLCs even have the ability to cahnge the start address of a rack. Can be very confusing at first but once you get used to it there is no going back. The restrictions of many brands are a pain in the a***.

As you continue to learn, make posts and there are many of us here that can be of help.

Contact your local Omron distributor and buy it, as the rest of us do.