New to Crimson 3, how much c coding is needed?

jfls45

I just started using Crimson 3 with a G315 HMI. I am creating my screens using an existing Rockwell project as a reference.

I have some questions about how to create pushbuttons that latch and interlock. I've snooped around Red Lion's website and some Google searches but not much luck finding anything.
I'm thinking I may need to put some C code together utilizing the "User Defined" action feature but I am not trained in C programming at all. Doing a Google search for C programming basics or even Syntax leaves me feeling like I could get lost searching for exactly what I need. There's alot of stuff out there and I've already spent enough time rummaging around trying to find what I feel is what I need.

Does anyone have any code examples or a .pdf with just the basic C programming information to help me understand. I'm open to any help or suggestions and yes I have been reading and using the Crimson 3 manual.

Thanks

Jfls45

The crimson language is C like. But it is not C and departs from C in a lot of ways. Don't get too hung up on it. Just follow the manuals and if you run into trouble then post back here with your code and we can help you sort it out.

Also, if you can provide us a very detailed and specific description of what you are trying to do it would be help us help you. Screen shots and tags would help too. There is a very good chance we can help you make buttons that latch and interlock without the need for complex code.

I threw this example together on my lunch break.

It shows three radio buttons implemented using a numeric multi-state tag. Then three flag tags are tied to the multi-state tag and those show an arrow below each button.

States can be selected in one of two ways. You can click on the Data primitive labeled MULTISTATE_TAG and select a new state. Or you can click one of the Radio buttons A, B, or C. Which ever method you use the other automatically updates. This doesn't use any complex coding, just a few simple assignment statements.

Hope that helps you with some ideas.

I threw this example together on my lunch break.

It shows three radio buttons implemented using a numeric multi-state tag. Then three flag tags are tied to the multi-state tag and those show an arrow below each button.

States can be selected in one of two ways. You can click on the Data primitive labeled MULTISTATE_TAG and select a new state. Or you can click one of the Radio buttons A, B, or C. Which ever method you use the other automatically updates. This doesn't use any complex coding, just a few simple assignment statements.

Hope that helps you with some ideas.
Thank you for taking time out or your lunch hour to do that for me. Appreciate it.

Jfls45