ADD VS. CTU RSlogix

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
I found an odd scenario while testing a message routine. Rung 2 the ADD instruction adds all day but the counter wont accumulate at all!!! This was just a test to see that I had my logic for the massage's working. I really don't understand why the counter wont accumulate PUZZLED look on my face. There has to be a reason that I cant figure out!!
Thanks,
Matt

ADD CTU 1.jpg ADD CTU 2.jpg

The counter needs a false to true transition to increment.

The add instruction will add every scan as long as the rung condition are true.

Last edited:
If you hurry, I deleted mine ;) Edit your post and I'll delete this one. I've been hoggin' the easy ones....

I am amped up waiting for the fights to start (UFC158).

Last edited:
WOW Mickey silly me!! I could see the MSG_FLOW_CONTROL.0 flashing on and off not thinking that after that point it is latched on every scan where the counter is. Silly me thanks for the simple answer.
Thanks,
Silly Matt