Controllogix ADD or CTU not operating properly

This thread has gone a bit off the subject.....but...

I watched the video "Number Switch on Click.avi", and noticed that when bradal stopped the counting, he then proceeded to point at the two displays of the counter accumulator, one in the MOV instruction, and one in the LES instruction.

These two values for TESTCOUNTER[1].ACC were different, the one in the LES showing correct, and the one in the MOV with the last two digits reversed.

But I also noticed the mouse-over tool-tip on the MOV value showed the correct value. Also when it was clicked on it reverted to the correct display. The Counter still shows the "wrong" value.

Since the latch bit wasn't set, I conclude that the counter is indeed counting correctly, and this is just an RSLogix display issue.

Last edited:
Since Bradal mentioned (post #56) that the problem is showing up in RSVIEW as well then it's probably in the common communication package. This ought to be a fun one for someone to track down. But without the EXACT current condition of Bradal's computer with all the programs it would be difficult to isolate even for Allen Bradley.

Hey guys.

Digging up this topic as I have not found a resolution. I am currently scanning the computer for viruses, since this did start occurring on April Fools day. Any other suggestions, re-install software, phone rockwell, new computer????

All of those videos still seem to only indicate that the display of the values in the logic of the PC are just not being updated consistently. The trap logic never fires, so there is no actual value problem in the PLC.

The "Number Switch On Click" absolutely shows that the entire display isn't being updated, until you put focus on a specific element. This is either an RSLogix 5000 Display bug, or it's attempt to simply show the most data as fast as possible, but missing some.

I don't see anything that needs resolving. Faster PC? might help. Newer version of Logix? Perhaps. Heck, it might even be you need a faster video card, but it's not a PLC or logic problem.