What have you done with Archie's Advanced HMI?

The Iphone already has VPN settings,
Then I downloaded the app: Remote Desktop Lite.
Oh, and the IT guy is a friend of mine, so he set me up with a virtual XP machine on the server, so I don't have to Lock my own desktop.

What have I done with Archie's Advanced HMI?

Not a damn thing. I've downloaded the latest version several times. I really want to do something with it. But I'm so up to my eyeballs in the RSView32 to FTView migration quagmire that I don't have time to play with something that actually works. o_O

Not a damn thing. I've downloaded the latest version several times. I really want to do something with it. But I'm so up to my eyeballs in the RSView32 to FTView migration quagmire that I don't have time to play with something that actually works. o_O

I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way about Crimson. I've got about 150 PV+ units that I always have to monopolize all my time adding buttons, screens, alarm messages, etc to.

I have used AdvancedHMI on the job in a couple of small desktop apps to help automate plc-to-excel data collection. Don't have any screenshots, but it was well received, not hard to setup, and management was really impressed with the functionality that you can get out of a free piece of software.

+1
Same story with Ignition. The demo I downloaded a year ago is probably old hat now.

Can you use Advanced HMI instead of a licensed version of Rslinx such as OEM?

Yes you can. You have to know a little VB though. You basically use your driver of choice to bring the data into VB, then you write some code to dump it into excel. VB has interfaces built in to work with excel. It can be a little tricky but works pretty well once you get it working.

I have been considering putting a basic example of this on the AdvancedHMI forum. Maybe I'll do this now...