Anyone here works with industrial compressor?

Pretty open ended question!

If you are talking about shop air (80-100 psig) then it can vary from a simple deadband pressure switch turnining on and off a reciprocating compressor discharging to a tank up to sophisticated constant pressure control for a centrifugal compressor with blow-off valves and anti-surge control.

Did you mean Air compressor ?
if yes, the instrument air or starting air compressors are usually used in lead lag mode, that means if the pressure inside the air reservoir drops below a set-point (usually controlled via pressure switch) the air compressor starts and if the air demand is high and the pressure continue dropping while the first compressor is running, then a call for the second compressor to run. once the pressure inside the reservoir is restored the compressors should stop to ovoid the vessel overpressure and or safety relief valve activation
in the control you have to add as well the safety trips related to the compressor such as lub oil high temperature, motor overload,
Additional safety trips may required depending on what environment you are operating the compressor

attached document for more details

Hope this Help
M.Jemai

It looks like this:
ingersoll_rand__compressor_display_%28inset_pic%29_large.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist 🍺

Tom's right, thats a pretty open ended question. Our compressor motors run continuously. The control operates a load/unload valve when pressure is called for. The control of the load/unload valve is simple on/off by pressure. The lead compressor comes on first, then the lag compressor. Once a week a maintenance tech changes the lead/lag switch.

There are two more backup compressors, each with their own controls. The backups are normally off and have to be manually turned on.

The last line of backup is a fitting on the side of the building where a rented gas engine compressor trailer can be connected.

tom why do you change over?
in time you have two compressors for overhaul.
when you leave the main running the lag compressor will have no overhaul needed.